2 mins, 59 secs read time
I was talking to Marilyn Miller, Chief People Officer at Anaplan, to get her perspective on what questions she asks herself and her team when choosing what conferences to attend. I loved her approach and thought it’d be great to share with the wider OPEN community.
When evaluating conferences, Marilyn asks two questions:
- How will it help you do your job better?
- What will you bring back and share with the organization?
Here are 5 great answers to those questions and reasons why you can’t miss OPEN 2018:
1. Learn from the people and companies that are winning in the hiring world.
At OPEN, you’ll hear about the latest industry trends from some of the smartest talent acquisition professionals. Whether your organization is facing questions about how to improve diversity and inclusion, or you’re focusing on elevating your employer brand, we’re bringing together industry leaders to share their thoughts. Our speakers are at the forefront of the industry - here’s a small sample of who will be on the OPEN 2018 stage:
- Joelle Emerson, the CEO and founder of Paradigm, is going to delve into diversity and inclusion, undoubtedly the most pressing issue in the field.
- Neil Frye, Global Head of Recruitment and HR Operations at Dropbox, will talk about the latest trends he’s seeing in technology and share how Dropbox continues to stay ahead of the curve on all things People.
- Katie Burke, the Chief People Officer of Hubspot, will share her secret sauce to build a winning hiring culture.
2. Join the movement and create meaningful connections with other forward-thinking talent professionals.
Talent teams know that getting ahead and staying ahead is tantamount to success. At OPEN, you’ll grow your network as you connect and learn from over 1,000 peers and experts in the industry. Plus, you may not know this but Greenhouse has the largest partner ecosystem and many of them will be in attendance. Plug into that network to grow your own professional community, learn from the best and the brightest, and amp up your industry know-how. Spark a connection that could result in your next business partnership, a new talent marketing idea, or a new stage in your career journey.
3. Put best practice knowledge into action.
You know those conferences where you’re just talked at to the whole time and don’t walk away with anything practical? Yeah, we hate those too. OPEN is different. You’ll leave OPEN with a fresh perspective and inspiring new ideas, but you’ll also leave with worksheets, case studies, planning templates and new resources in hand that you can put to use immediately. Pro tip: schedule a post-OPEN debrief with your team to share the the most impactful learnings from the conference, new insights and case studies from the field, and collaborate on a plan for how you’ll apply them in your business.
4. Earn HRCI and SHRM recertification credits to stay at the forefront of the People profession.
Our driving goal is to make sure OPEN provides you with as much value as possible to help you in your career as a talent professional, which is why nearly every OPEN session will qualify for HRCI and SHRM credits.
5. Space is limited! OPEN 2018 will sell-out with over 1,000 talent leaders attending.
Tickets have only been live for just a few weeks now and the demand is humbling. We’ve already sold double the tickets we were projecting for December. Make sure you lock in your spot (and your entire team’s) today.
Head to GreenhouseOPEN.com to reserve your tickets today.
We’ll see you in April!