Measure The Right Stuff
With something as complex as recruiting, it can be challenging to tease out cause and effect. Having solid data on your hiring process is crucial to improving the system. Make sure you're collecting the right data so you can answer questions like:
- How long does it take you to fill a job opening?
- How many candidates do you need to source to make each hire?
- What percentage of the candidates you interview face-to-face ultimately receive an offer?
- What percentage of offers are accepted?
- What are the reasons candidates decline your offers? Can you change this?
- Is there a more efficient way to determine if a candidate will likely accept an offer?
- How would candidates that you didn’t hire rate your interview process?
Ultimately, you want to be able to discern the trends from the outliers. A well-measured interview process will allow you to predict how candidates will perform on the job before you hire them.